You're at the largest Shelby GT350 community !
2,500+ Members Strong!

Custom Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  smokum : (22 September 2017 - 07:47 AM)

all sales request need to be directed at the bottom of the site under SALES

@  mpow1968 : (15 September 2017 - 11:09 AM)

2017 Shelby Gt 350 at sticker price, Contact me at mpowers@driveprime.com

@  smokum : (29 August 2017 - 08:53 AM)

CHECK THIS OUT http://www.lethalper...-tuner-kit.html

@  jlbost13 : (25 August 2017 - 01:44 PM)

Ordered Pro Charger / Injectors and Borla Exhaust for my GT350! Has anyone done these stle mods and had good results?

@  Texas Voodoo : (25 August 2017 - 08:47 AM)

I am going to check it out !!

@  smokum : (25 August 2017 - 08:27 AM)

there is a You Tube comparison of the GT350 and the Roush's various upgrades. No disrespect to a Roush but the two cars dont even come close

@  Sterchi : (25 August 2017 - 06:38 AM)

Just traded Roush P51 For Gt350 Yesterday Love It Much better car Roush is JUNK $90,000.00 the worst buy ever NO MORE KIT CARS for me lost my butt after 3 weeks of owning it dealer would not take back needed paint work on bumpers,Tranmission junk Chineese well anyway i'm glad its over now but beware of there stuff its not worth the money. It was number 8 of 51 I fill sorry for who ever gets that car. No one should have to take a car that has to have paint work done to it when its brand new collectors car sorry Guys still upset over the hole thing MARSHALL MIZE IS THE PLACE BEWARE !!!r

@  2017Shelby526 : (24 August 2017 - 07:41 PM)

I have a vanity license with Voodo on it. I live in California and searched and searched for a combination that included some version of Voodoo.

@  2017Shelby526 : (24 August 2017 - 07:38 PM)

Does anyone know WHY the 5.2 liter Shelby GT 350 engine is nicknamed VOODOO?

@  3yellowgt350 : (23 August 2017 - 07:53 AM)

had to put my triple yellow 350 in the shop ( 500 miles) a/c compressor locked up. Not good

@  HolidayFordG... : (19 August 2017 - 04:03 PM)

have two identical avalance gray 17 GT350's with electronics package, recaros, and stripe delete. $1,800 UNDER MSRP

@  jwstudt : (17 August 2017 - 12:43 PM)

17 avalanche gray electronics and black stripes. pm if interested

@  smokum : (17 August 2017 - 09:58 AM)

JUST CHILLIN GHOUST ...... AND YOU ?

@  Ghoust : (15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

Whats up guys.

@  2017Shelby526 : (13 August 2017 - 12:06 PM)

Anyone notice paint chips along the edge of the hood nearest to the windshield of their 2017 GT 350??

@  scorp1 : (01 August 2017 - 11:56 AM)

thanks @ameapm2000 @smokum, configurator is now updated to 2018

@  HolidayFordG... : (29 July 2017 - 10:08 AM)

got a 2017 GT350 with electronics package, recaros, stripe delete for $1,000 below MSRP, PM me if interested

@  smokum : (27 July 2017 - 08:34 AM)

scorp1 send me a pm on what your looking for

@  ameapm2000 : (26 July 2017 - 10:02 PM)

@scorp1 check ford's website they added 2018 mustang configurator.

@  scorp1 : (25 July 2017 - 08:52 PM)

@smokum howdy!, would you or anyone else have any leads on the 2018 gt350 in kona blue?

Shelby GT350 Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Shelby GT350 Forum - Home of the Shelby GT350 Registry

You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Shelby GT350 Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Invitations to special Shelby GT350 events
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Enter Shelby trivia contests
  • Receive special promotional offers. . .and more. Click here to join now.
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket or OEM Transmission, Oil, and Differential Coolers

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KenPShelbyGT350

KenPShelbyGT350
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Group: myshelby

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hi, I purchased a 2016 GT350 with the Tech Package and waiting for it to be delivered.  I plan on driving it on the track a few times but for commuting and weekend fun.  As such, I'm looking into upgrades and one that I would like to make is adding the different Coolers (differential, etc) that are found on the Trak Package. 

Is anyone familiar with whether something has been produced or if the OEM coolers are available to purchase?  I'm assuming I should hold out and wait for new aftermarket coolers to be produced or go with OEM?

#2 OFFLINE   copyless

copyless
  • 14 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

I am not positive, but I believe the cost to add the factory coolers to the car now is very costly and not really something worth the cost, because of other pieces that have to be bought and changed out that are not really meant to be changed. I do know that Shelby (Shelby American) is working on making a kit to add coolers to the car, and they said they would be better than the factory ones, now when they're going to be available or if they are better than factory, I guess only time will tell. I am sure others may also make something soon, but I'm waiting of SA to have theirs available.

Edited by copyless, 15 March 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Springer

Springer
  • GT350 Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

If you do a search, a few guys with the tech package cars are having overheating issues with the transmission overheating while driving on a track. When this occurs, the cars have been going in to "limp mode." Ford Racing has no fix for this issue at this time.  You can not retrofit the tranny cooler from the track pack cars to the tech car's transmission since there are internal differences between the two transmissions.  I believe the pump used in the cooling process for the track pack cars is internal and can not be made to fit in the tech cars - at least not without considerable expense. 

Personally, I believe the catalytic converters might be responsible for some of the over-heating issues since there is a catalytic converter on both sides of the transmission.  (see pic below)

Here is one thread discussing the transmission overheating issue on a tech car.  http://www.mustang6g...ead.php?t=44808

Attached Files

• USMC0341 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   KenPShelbyGT350

KenPShelbyGT350
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:42 AM

Thank you both so much for the insight. I'll wait to see what gets produced aftermarket. Hopefully Shelby America's kit will be as good as they expect it to be.

#5 OFFLINE   Springer

Springer
  • GT350 Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Ford Racing has announced they are working on a transmission cooler for the tech pack cars.

It would be nice to see the administrators here add some threads every now-and-then on what's going on out there with these cars!  I, as well as others find the cooling issue fairly substantial and important.

Edited by Springer, 29 March 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

Good to know both Shelby Am and Ford Racing are coming up with something as I'm getting the tech pack as well!!

Thanks for the info.

#7 OFFLINE   El Marco

El Marco
  • GT350 Member
  • 21 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'll second the comment by BlueAvngr, as I have a tech pack 350 going to build in a couple weeks and will be looking for upgraded coolers as well.

Cheers!

#8 OFFLINE   boss doc

boss doc
  • GT350 Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

AT LEAST THE TECH PKG CARS HAVE OIL COOLERS. Differential coolers are relatively feasible. However, track pkg. cars have sensors and software? that makes the function automatic. Add on cooling systems will likely require a flip of a switch. Not a big deal as I would flip the switch on the track after warmup.Waiting for options.

#9 OFFLINE   2016VooDoo

2016VooDoo
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

I had this issue at a track event last weekend after about 15 minutes on the track.  Ford says this is "normal" as the Tech pack cars were not intended for Track use.  I think this is a BS answer.  If this were the case, why does the car have 530 horsepower, huge 6 piston front brakes, spoilers, strut tower brace, Track Apps in the menu system including lap timers, etc.  This car was marketed as the most capable track cars Ford has ever built.

Ford knows they made a mistake here and they are correcting it for MY17.  If anyone from Ford is reading this forum I have a request...  When you do come out with a cooler kit for the trans and differential, please offer it to those of us who spent money on the MY15 and MY16 cars without huge Ford + Dealer markup.  Current owners are your best ambassadors for the car and for the brand and it would be a shame to have Ford put the burden of fixing these cars on the owners.

Had I known my car wouldn't be able to finish a lapping session, I wouldn't have bought it.

You can all imagine the conversations around the track when the brand new GT350 couldn't finish 25 minutes on the track.  Embarrassing.

On the positive side, before the car went into limp mode, it was a BEAST!

• Maag likes this

#10 OFFLINE   copyless

copyless
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

I agree 100 percent with everything you stated and if Ford stands behind the "not meant for track use" BS, then I think that they should really take a dive in sales and profits for the '17 year, and I really hate to say something like that because I have been a Ford person forever and I love Ford, but right is right and this should have been addressed before the first gt350 was  put together as a production car.

I hope they have the cooler kits available soon and would like it even more (but it probably won't happen) if they would actually take the time to pull the names of every base and Teck Pckg car sold and send them letters a week or so before the kit is available and let us know that it is coming out and give us our special price for the kit. They could do this easily if they wanted to, and this would show that they really cared for their customers, and this would show that, more than anything else that they normally do and then say this is their appreciation. I mean they send out the supplement packages, so they already have every owners name and address and the options on the car, so it would not be that hard to contact them and make this kit available to them before hand and at a reduced price, this move would produce a marketing effect that even their high paid marketers could not add, as it would hit forums and I would not be surprised if it even made it into an article or two.

Anyway, I can dream if I want to, it's up to you, FORD, to make my dream a reality. 

Again 2016voodoo, I hope Ford is reading this, because I want my dream, which I believe may also be a dream of yours, to become real, because I believe this is the dream of many owners and because I still believe in Ford.

Edited by copyless, 04 May 2016 - 12:11 PM.

• Maag likes this

#11 OFFLINE   boss doc

boss doc
  • GT350 Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

In my owner's supplement package, one of the pamphlets was tips for track driving. It included tire pressure, camber, toe in and that tech equipped '15-'16 cars should be modified with diff and trans coolers. Appears that they plan to offer them as aftermarket by that statement.

#12 OFFLINE   Springer

Springer
  • GT350 Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

It is only a matter of time before legal action is filed against Ford regarding the non functionality  of the Tech cars when tracked and not performing as advertised and marketed as the most capable track car ever.  This is so "slam dunk"  that I'm surprised a class action suit hasn't already been made against Ford.

• Maag likes this

#13 OFFLINE   2016VooDoo

2016VooDoo
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

Has anyone heard any more on this from Ford SVT?  I was at Road America again this weekend as a spectator at a track day and every GT350 without Track package went into Limp Mode.  Owners were PISSED OFF.

I hope Ford is listening and will consider a reasonable fix to a condition that should never be occurring on a car with Track Apps and Lap Timers built into the electronics!

#14 OFFLINE   jsderickson

jsderickson
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

I had the same problem.  Did a track day at Thunder Hill 5 mile.  First session no problem because I didn't yet know the track.  Second session 70 degree ambient and went into limp mode after about 12 minutes in.  Took it to dealer, had them read the codes and they confirmed transmission overheat.  Got same story ... need a track pack.  By-the-way, I was never told this when I bought the car and they certainly didn't give me the manual until after the sale.  I reported to Ford Customer Service (Spoke with regional Customer Service Manager for San Francisco Region) and they acted as if they hadn't heard about it.  I sent them a link to this post and some others and they claim that it wasn't being reported to them and that they couldn't respond to blog posts.  I recommend that everyone who has experienced this shout really loud to Ford or they are not going to respond.  I am sure they know about it but it might not be a priority for such a low volume car.  I Couldn't get a confirmation out of them that they were working on anything but I think they probably are.

The final outcome was she recommended that I continue working with my local dealer so that they can assist once a fix does come out.  Will continue to wait for a while.

Edited by jsderickson, 13 July 2016 - 03:21 PM.

• Maag likes this

#15 OFFLINE   2016VooDoo

2016VooDoo
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Ford is very well aware of this issue.  I know this without question.  Maybe the person you talked to wasn't aware, but trust me SVT is very aware, which is why they are working on a solution.  My request to Ford has been that they provide this kit to 2016 owners at a VERY reasonable cost.

Time will tell.

Chris

• Maag likes this

#16 OFFLINE   rob-wl

rob-wl
  • GT350 Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:57 AM

If a dealer fix does not come soon, I've heard early rumbelings from others about a possible "class action lawsuit". Why advertise and price it as a track car and you can't take it on the track? Hope it does not come to this!

#17 OFFLINE   Apndx

Apndx
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

Good morning all, I have received information from 3 reliable sources that a kit has been developed and we the owners will get a letter within the month telling us about it, I am also told it will be available for purchase and installation about the same time we get the letter. I could not get any more details other than what Ford Customer Service, Shelby, and local service manager told me, and this is after months of being told that it was being evaluated but nothing beyond that. This latest info is very different than what we all heard before. So watch your mail! This is also very different then being told might need to change out the tranny.
  • boss doc likes this

#18 OFFLINE   boss doc

boss doc
  • GT350 Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

Good morning all, I have received information from 3 reliable sources that a kit has been developed and we the owners will get a letter within the month telling us about it, I am also told it will be available for purchase and installation about the same time we get the letter. I could not get any more details other than what Ford Customer Service, Shelby, and local service manager told me, and this is after months of being told that it was being evaluated but nothing beyond that. This latest info is very different than what we all heard before. So watch your mail! This is also very different then being told might need to change out the tranny.

Hope they release it soon. Going to Las Vegas later this month and will stop by Shelby American to see the museum and will ask them about their plans Re: coolers.

#19 OFFLINE   boss doc

boss doc
  • GT350 Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

OK. Talked to rep at Shelby American face to face yesterday. He confirms they are putting together a cooling package for tech optioned cars. Hopefully in 2-3 months. No details as to the setup, but aiming at making the car trackable. That's all I got. See what I find out from GT350 trackattack next weekend.

#20 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

You going to Salt Lake next week?

Im there Wed-Fri. (July 27-29).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users