You're at the largest Shelby GT350 community !
2,500+ Members Strong!

Custom Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  smokum : (22 September 2017 - 07:47 AM)

all sales request need to be directed at the bottom of the site under SALES

@  mpow1968 : (15 September 2017 - 11:09 AM)

2017 Shelby Gt 350 at sticker price, Contact me at mpowers@driveprime.com

@  smokum : (29 August 2017 - 08:53 AM)

CHECK THIS OUT http://www.lethalper...-tuner-kit.html

@  jlbost13 : (25 August 2017 - 01:44 PM)

Ordered Pro Charger / Injectors and Borla Exhaust for my GT350! Has anyone done these stle mods and had good results?

@  Texas Voodoo : (25 August 2017 - 08:47 AM)

I am going to check it out !!

@  smokum : (25 August 2017 - 08:27 AM)

there is a You Tube comparison of the GT350 and the Roush's various upgrades. No disrespect to a Roush but the two cars dont even come close

@  Sterchi : (25 August 2017 - 06:38 AM)

Just traded Roush P51 For Gt350 Yesterday Love It Much better car Roush is JUNK $90,000.00 the worst buy ever NO MORE KIT CARS for me lost my butt after 3 weeks of owning it dealer would not take back needed paint work on bumpers,Tranmission junk Chineese well anyway i'm glad its over now but beware of there stuff its not worth the money. It was number 8 of 51 I fill sorry for who ever gets that car. No one should have to take a car that has to have paint work done to it when its brand new collectors car sorry Guys still upset over the hole thing MARSHALL MIZE IS THE PLACE BEWARE !!!r

@  2017Shelby526 : (24 August 2017 - 07:41 PM)

I have a vanity license with Voodo on it. I live in California and searched and searched for a combination that included some version of Voodoo.

@  2017Shelby526 : (24 August 2017 - 07:38 PM)

Does anyone know WHY the 5.2 liter Shelby GT 350 engine is nicknamed VOODOO?

@  3yellowgt350 : (23 August 2017 - 07:53 AM)

had to put my triple yellow 350 in the shop ( 500 miles) a/c compressor locked up. Not good

@  HolidayFordG... : (19 August 2017 - 04:03 PM)

have two identical avalance gray 17 GT350's with electronics package, recaros, and stripe delete. $1,800 UNDER MSRP

@  jwstudt : (17 August 2017 - 12:43 PM)

17 avalanche gray electronics and black stripes. pm if interested

@  smokum : (17 August 2017 - 09:58 AM)

JUST CHILLIN GHOUST ...... AND YOU ?

@  Ghoust : (15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

Whats up guys.

@  2017Shelby526 : (13 August 2017 - 12:06 PM)

Anyone notice paint chips along the edge of the hood nearest to the windshield of their 2017 GT 350??

@  scorp1 : (01 August 2017 - 11:56 AM)

thanks @ameapm2000 @smokum, configurator is now updated to 2018

@  HolidayFordG... : (29 July 2017 - 10:08 AM)

got a 2017 GT350 with electronics package, recaros, stripe delete for $1,000 below MSRP, PM me if interested

@  smokum : (27 July 2017 - 08:34 AM)

scorp1 send me a pm on what your looking for

@  ameapm2000 : (26 July 2017 - 10:02 PM)

@scorp1 check ford's website they added 2018 mustang configurator.

@  scorp1 : (25 July 2017 - 08:52 PM)

@smokum howdy!, would you or anyone else have any leads on the 2018 gt350 in kona blue?

Shelby GT350 Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Shelby GT350 Forum - Home of the Shelby GT350 Registry

You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Shelby GT350 Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Invitations to special Shelby GT350 events
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Enter Shelby trivia contests
  • Receive special promotional offers. . .and more. Click here to join now.
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Track Package Recaro Seats

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Group: myshelby

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

I have a total of 70 miles on my car. The Recaro seats are so uncomfortable that I will have to replace them.  I'm a big guy, not huge, but I have a 38" waist. These seats pinch down hard on my hips and after only a few minutes I'm feeling uncomfortable.  I'm going to have to replace the seats.

A couple things come to mind. First, thank you Ford for building this car! Second, if a buyer has no car to try out how does he know these Recaro seats are for small people? Ford should issue a suggested waist size recommendation for the Recaro's and offer a no cost choice for seats. Next, who does Ford think is buying these cars? I would think most buyers are "mature" men who have the means to afford them. That being said, many of these men are more robust than boys in their 20's (with narrow hips).

Back to the wheels thing, we grew up with chrome wheels. Who didn't have Crager SS wheels on their hot rod in the 70's? But, we have these f*cking ugly black wheels,..

I want to love the car but I'm frustrated.

Edited by VoodooSteve, 14 August 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

If you're going to sell the Recaro seats once they're replaced, I'm a buyer.
  • shelby350inPA likes this

#3 OFFLINE   rob-wl

rob-wl
  • GT350 Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:01 PM

I'm 58-years young. I agree with you that the buyer of there cars are most likely not in their 20's and I did grow up with chrome Cragers on my cars.

Edited by rob-wl, 14 August 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   rob-wl

rob-wl
  • GT350 Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:01 PM

I'm 58-years young. I agree with you that the buyer of there cars are most likely not in their 20's and I did grow up with chrome Cragers on my cars.

Edited by rob-wl, 14 August 2016 - 11:05 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   SJNBMEDIC

SJNBMEDIC
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

There's a reason for the black wheels. Drive it a little longer and you'll understand. I'm 33, 6ft, 170lbs. I love the seats, but agree, they would be a little snug for anyone much larger. I just find they make the car. It doesn't quite look right with a plain leather seat.

#6 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Guys talk about the brake dust on the wheels, I get that. But, IF I take the car out on a track day it will be a rare occasion. I just want to use the car as a touring car for road trips. I'm good with cleaning silver wheels if they get dirty. I hate black wheels, period! F-ing hate them!

About the seats, I lodged a complaint with Ford. I don't expect any resolution, but I think they should do something so "mature (wider)" men know what we are getting into. For an extra $3k you get the good seats and the Sync3 system plus the track package. If I only knew then what I know now.  However, I might have found a cheap temporary solution,... I bought a $40 seat cushion off of Amazon and put it in the seat.  I know it's stupid, but it helps raise me up where I'm not pinched so badly. My head is very close to the roof, but until I can afford a set of Mustang GT leather seats its probably this or leave the car in the garage.

Attached Files

#7 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

I'll swap seats with you...

Pretty sure you're on the FB group talking about this, and you want someone within 100 miles... But we can still try and figure something out

#8 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

I'll swap seats with you...

Pretty sure you're on the FB group talking about this, and you want someone within 100 miles... But we can still try and figure something out

I'm good with that idea.  If someone has the Convenience Package GT350 seats and they want to do a front and back seat swap I'm willing to do that.  The GT350 Convenience Package seats have GT350 in the seat backs, correct?

I assume these seats are plug and play? We swap seats plug them into the harness and everything works as it should?

I'm not on the FB page, but I will go look for it.

I'm in Goodyear, AZ, about 20 miles west of Phoenix.

Edited by VoodooSteve, 19 August 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   bracky72

bracky72
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:51 AM

You could just loose some weight.  Harsh but true.

• GT350_1shelby likes this

#10 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

VoodooSteve-

Apparently they are just plug n play.... and they do say GT350 on the headrest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the back seats are identical in both packages... ?

Our biggest problem is... I'm 2000 miles away. :) A small, but not insurmountable, hurdle.

#11 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

VoodooSteve-

Apparently they are just plug n play.... and they do say GT350 on the headrest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the back seats are identical in both packages... ?

Our biggest problem is... I'm 2000 miles away. :) A small, but not insurmountable, hurdle.

Crate yours up and send them to me. Then I'll put mine in the crate and send them back to you.

I'll take some photos of the back seats. I thought they might be different?

#12 OFFLINE   GT350_1shelby

GT350_1shelby
  • GT350 Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

Don't like it then why'd you buy it. Owner/operator fail.

#13 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

I never sat in the car before time to take it home. I started working the deal on a Friday after work and couldn't come to terms. Saturday we made a deal over the phone and when I got to the dealership it was being prepped.  I've probably owned 50 cars, never had one I didn't fit in. Never even crossed my mind I'd be too big for it.

Edited by VoodooSteve, 20 September 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   Twarken

Twarken
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hi there,

I have a 2016 Tech Pack GT350 and looking to swap the heated/cooled seats for the Track Pack equipped Recaros. The car has done 6,500 miles and the seats are as new, I can provide pictures on request.

If any of you are interested please feel free to respond.

Thanks, Chris M.

#15 OFFLINE   VoodooSteve

VoodooSteve
  • GT350 Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

I talked to Recaro about swapping seats and it doesn't sound as easy as unbolting your seats and bolting in mine.  There are harness differences between the seats.  If there was an easy way to change seats I'd swap.

#16 OFFLINE   voodoo_5.2

voodoo_5.2
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:02 AM

I recently talked to my local Ford dealer and they said that if you buy the brackets for it they could be replaced.
Honestly I don't really trust the guys that work at the Ford dealers like I would the guys at recaro but I'm willing
to buy something to make it work.

So if anyone would be interested in trading for my technology package seats or selling me their recaros I'd be
More than willing to do so. Also be willing to meet you or ship them if need be.

#17 OFFLINE   BlueAvngr

BlueAvngr
  • GT350 Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:50 AM

Done.

I'm also moving to California before the end of the year, so we could meet up.

#18 OFFLINE   Shelby 1425

Shelby 1425
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

As far as the wheels go they make a Silver set (gloss graphite)  of the same wheels. the standard are black. Also, I have ET street mags on my 68stang.

#19 OFFLINE   WAGT350

WAGT350
  • GT350 Member
  • 242 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Northwest

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

I am 54 and finally could afford this car!  Wish I could've had a shelby in my 20's. I use to drool watching the older guys blow by me while driving my little fire-bird (not a Trans-Am) during my high school days...

#20 OFFLINE   shelby350inPA

shelby350inPA
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

If anyone is interested in the Recaro seats, please send me a message. I have a set of Recaro seats from the gt350R on my gt350. It was a $6000 option but I just prefer the normal seat which has heat and vent. So if anyone interested in my special Recaro seats which has the R logo and red stitching on it, send me a message! Prefer trade seats with some cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users