You're at the largest Shelby GT350 community !
2,500+ Members Strong!

Custom Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  HolidayFordG... : (19 August 2017 - 04:03 PM)

have two identical avalance gray 17 GT350's with electronics package, recaros, and stripe delete. $1,800 UNDER MSRP

@  jwstudt : (17 August 2017 - 12:43 PM)

17 avalanche gray electronics and black stripes. pm if interested

@  smokum : (17 August 2017 - 09:58 AM)

JUST CHILLIN GHOUST ...... AND YOU ?

@  Ghoust : (15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

Whats up guys.

@  2017Shelby526 : (13 August 2017 - 12:06 PM)

Anyone notice paint chips along the edge of the hood nearest to the windshield of their 2017 GT 350??

@  scorp1 : (01 August 2017 - 11:56 AM)

thanks @ameapm2000 @smokum, configurator is now updated to 2018

@  HolidayFordG... : (29 July 2017 - 10:08 AM)

got a 2017 GT350 with electronics package, recaros, stripe delete for $1,000 below MSRP, PM me if interested

@  smokum : (27 July 2017 - 08:34 AM)

scorp1 send me a pm on what your looking for

@  ameapm2000 : (26 July 2017 - 10:02 PM)

@scorp1 check ford's website they added 2018 mustang configurator.

@  scorp1 : (25 July 2017 - 08:52 PM)

@smokum howdy!, would you or anyone else have any leads on the 2018 gt350 in kona blue?

@  Tommyboy : (25 July 2017 - 02:59 PM)

What's that wire attached to the hood screen? Is that some sort of ground?

@  smokum : (17 July 2017 - 12:05 PM)

the administrators did a software update to the site a few days and the new software and "LIKE BOXES" dont seem to like one another. As you have seen your like boxes are temp down and we are working to restore them

@  gtcrackers : (11 July 2017 - 09:08 PM)

Wheel color

@  GT350 Guide : (11 July 2017 - 07:50 PM)

sorry for the downtime today as we moved to a faster server -

@  KT/GT : (10 July 2017 - 10:29 AM)

I'm going to use Motul motor oil for my track use and was looking for suggestions on the oil filter to use. Best I can find is guys are saying to stick with the Ford OEM filter. Any suggestions?

@  KT/GT : (10 July 2017 - 10:28 AM)

I figured out how to disable to default valves in the pipes so the car's exhaust can be in track/sport mode all the time. With the car running and the exhaust in track mode (valves open) just unplug the wire connection at the rear of the car right by the exhaust tips. The valves must be open when you do this as the wires disconnected keeps it in whatever position they are in when you disconnect them. When you start the car it shows you a warning that the exhaust mode is not available but it goes off in 2 to 3 seconds and you do not have to hit "ok" to get rid of it. Much easier than changing it to track/sport mode each time.

@  smokum : (10 July 2017 - 10:08 AM)

Million dollar question ..... I would read the posts under oil consumption and you will get a better idea.

@  pguile131 : (09 July 2017 - 08:11 PM)

What is normal oil consumption

@  JohnCappola : (08 July 2017 - 10:05 AM)

I am new to this forum and would like to learn more about the 2016 Shelby GT-350.

@  KT/GT : (03 July 2017 - 06:08 PM)

I also will be using this car on the track and I have been told to disable the air bags as they have been activating on the rumble strips. Is this as simple as taking out a fuse?

Shelby GT350 Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Shelby GT350 Forum - Home of the Shelby GT350 Registry

You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Shelby GT350 Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Invitations to special Shelby GT350 events
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Enter Shelby trivia contests
  • Receive special promotional offers. . .and more. Click here to join now.
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Apple CARPLAY

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Seabee

Seabee
  • 14 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Group: myshelby

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Has anyone with at '16 Sync3 system gotten a price for the update to use Apple Carplay?  I have heard that it is standard on '17s but '16s need to purchase a module.

#2 OFFLINE   rambler358

rambler358
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

The CarPlay update for Sync 3 is supposed to be available by end of year.  I seriously doubt that's going to happen though.

#3 OFFLINE   Scd603

Scd603
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:42 AM

What about Android Auto?

#4 OFFLINE   Krogen

Krogen
  • GT350 Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Android Auto and Apply CarPlay are both active in the current version of Ford Sync 3.

Edited by Krogen, 06 March 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Scd603

Scd603
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

I have Android auto on my phone (use with my truck and Pioneer head unit).  My Shelby does not find it as an app...  Any insights appreciated.

#6 OFFLINE   Krogen

Krogen
  • GT350 Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

I have Android auto on my phone (use with my truck and Pioneer head unit).  My Shelby does not find it as an app...  Any insights appreciated.

What version of Sync3 do you have?  It needs to be 2.0 or 2.2.  No idea what they did with 2.1, if it ever was released.

#7 OFFLINE   Scd603

Scd603
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

How do you find version? Better yet, how do you update to latest?

#8 OFFLINE   Krogen

Krogen
  • GT350 Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Sign in to owner.ford.com with your VIN and it will show you the sync version.  It will also show if you need an update.  If you have WiFi in range of the car, you can connect the car to WiFi and it will update over the air.  If you don't have Sync3, then I don't have any info to offer.

You can also poke around the menu in the car to see the Sync3 version.  It's in there, but I can't recall exactly where.

• TXShlby16 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   TXShlby16

TXShlby16
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

If you have a 2016, Ford will tell you version 1.0 IS the most up-to-date version for Sync 3.  I spent the last two weeks dealing with that, and Ford has not released an "official" update yet.  Looking on a different Mustang forum, I had to download version 2.2 onto a USB drive, and install it myself.  I've had it installed for about a week, and have not had any issues.  Now, as for as Apple CarPlay you will need to purchase and install a different USB hub from Ford after the system upgrade in order for that to work, which it does!

#10 OFFLINE   smokum

smokum
  • 753 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

If you have a 2016, Ford will tell you version 1.0 IS the most up-to-date version for Sync 3.  I spent the last two weeks dealing with that, and Ford has not released an "official" update yet.  Looking on a different Mustang forum, I had to download version 2.2 onto a USB drive, and install it myself.  I've had it installed for about a week, and have not had any issues.  Now, as for as Apple CarPlay you will need to purchase and install a different USB hub from Ford after the system upgrade in order for that to work, which it does!

U computer guys kill me ......... I know enough to make me dangerous on a computer and thats as far as I will go .... 

don

Current ride:

2017 GT350 with convience package

Previous Rides

2015 Taurus SHO leased 11/03/2015

2007 GT500 664rwhp purchased 04/14/2014

2013 Boss 302 purchased 06/30/2013

1990 Taurus SHO purchased 07/09/2010

2007 GT500 553 rwhp purchased 12/08/2006

#11 OFFLINE   gt1116

gt1116
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Ok, just for the complete picture here. I have an otherwise untouched 16 GT350 with Nav. I upgraded the Sync 3 to 2.2 (this CAN be done over Wifi OR you can follow the instructions off the Ford website with a 32GB stick). After that successfully loads, you'll want to change the USB module inside the console (it connects to the one under the screen up front). You want Ford part # HU5Z-19A387-A (65$). You simply pry out the larger panel (that includes the charger port) then remove the module from it and connect the three wires back exactly like they are (if you're fast like me, remember white end pigtail stays to drivers side...it will make sense when you're there). Snap everything back in place and POOF, you have Carplay and the Android App. First time you plug in Iphone, you get a security message on phone, hit allow. You'll get a couple in dash, hit continue and accept. From then onward, you have carplay whenever you plug in the phone. 

Notes: Time: 20 mins to load upgrade; 5 mins to install module. After you load the upgrade AND after you install the module...power down the car and back up. Use a crappy Apple charger wire and get crappy service...spend the 20 bucks on this one...

Obvious advantages....you basically now have Siri accessible through the voice button on your wheel. You can read texts aloud OR have Siri send a text for you on the move. Maps are intuitive just like google maps on your phone; all controlled by voice. Music was an after thought with these pipes...but it works too. Siri allows you to call up music with name or genre or playlist. Best regards and happy driving. gt 

• smokum likes this

#12 OFFLINE   smokum

smokum
  • 753 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Ok, just for the complete picture here. I have an otherwise untouched 16 GT350 with Nav. I upgraded the Sync 3 to 2.2 (this CAN be done over Wifi OR you can follow the instructions off the Ford website with a 32GB stick). After that successfully loads, you'll want to change the USB module inside the console (it connects to the one under the screen up front). You want Ford part # HU5Z-19A387-A (65$). You simply pry out the larger panel (that includes the charger port) then remove the module from it and connect the three wires back exactly like they are (if you're fast like me, remember white end pigtail stays to drivers side...it will make sense when you're there). Snap everything back in place and POOF, you have Carplay and the Android App. First time you plug in Iphone, you get a security message on phone, hit allow. You'll get a couple in dash, hit continue and accept. From then onward, you have carplay whenever you plug in the phone. 

Notes: Time: 20 mins to load upgrade; 5 mins to install module. After you load the upgrade AND after you install the module...power down the car and back up. Use a crappy Apple charger wire and get crappy service...spend the 20 bucks on this one...

Obvious advantages....you basically now have Siri accessible through the voice button on your wheel. You can read texts aloud OR have Siri send a text for you on the move. Maps are intuitive just like google maps on your phone; all controlled by voice. Music was an after thought with these pipes...but it works too. Siri allows you to call up music with name or genre or playlist. Best regards and happy driving. gt 

Great write up and now I see the bigger picture. 

Thanks for the detailed description on how to do it and how it works for those like me who know computer but only up to a certain point

don

• gt1116 likes this

Current ride:

Previous Rides

#13 OFFLINE   Paul350

Paul350
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

Here's a stupid question. I can get the voice and phone to work fine. But, when I'm plugged into USB I have essentially my phone screen up. Can I get back to normal nav or ford screen with phone still being plugged in? Thanks! Go easy lol
Current
2017 Shelby GT350
BMW twin turbo diesel X5
Had the GT, LX and Saleen back I the 90's hooked me then!
Tons in between of misc. cars. But these two only ones that count!

#14 OFFLINE   gt1116

gt1116
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Here's a stupid question. I can get the voice and phone to work fine. But, when I'm plugged into USB I have essentially my phone screen up. Can I get back to normal nav or ford screen with phone still being plugged in? Thanks! Go easy lol

Sorry it took a while, I was traveling on mobile and it wouldnt let me log in to post (Don?). Just in case you haven't figured this out....when you have carplay (apple) or the android app showing on your screen, you have an "extra" gray icon with the Ford logo on it. If you touch that icon, it takes you back to your regular sync system view. If you want to return to the app afterward, there's an icon across the bottom of the screen. That Ford icon threw me off too because you tend to think it's an icon for the FORD app, not to return to the sync view. Good luck. Ask away if still stuck. gt 

#15 OFFLINE   smokum

smokum
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Sorry it took a while, I was traveling on mobile and it wouldnt let me log in to post (Don?). Just in case you haven't figured this out....when you have carplay (apple) or the android app showing on your screen, you have an "extra" gray icon with the Ford logo on it. If you touch that icon, it takes you back to your regular sync system view. If you want to return to the app afterward, there's an icon across the bottom of the screen. That Ford icon threw me off too because you tend to think it's an icon for the FORD app, not to return to the sync view. Good luck. Ask away if still stuck. gt 

Great info !!!!

don

Current ride:

Previous Rides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users